Saturday, March 03, 2007

We're Saved!

We're Saved! UFOs will save us from global warming!


There wasn't much warm about this


Don't let the blueness and sunshine fool you. It stayed pretty chilly all day, and is supposed to get even colder before morning.

Yesterday, Cody brought home a note from his art teacher. It was one of those "If you have any of this stuff laying around the house and would like to donate it" kind of things. Guess what was on the list...

Yarn--any kind, any color

Have I got yarn to donate??? I bagged up all my baby/fingering weight yarn, about half of my sport weight, and a few odds and ends of worsted weight to take up there. The small sack is some crochet cotton. That's that stuff that is about the thickness of sewing thread.

This is what is left of my stash, including the new stuff I just got.


It's still a lot of yarn, but I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Speaking of light, as I sit here in front of my computer desperately trying to think of something interesting and clever to say, I realize my brain is lost in total darkness. There's only one thing left to do in a situation like that...fix a big mug of hot chocolate and curl up with some Jane Austin. I'm reading Emma now. It's not as captivating as Pride and Prejudice, but a good read nonetheless.

*

*

No comments: