Monday, December 12, 2005

Why they call them BALL pythons


Ball Pythons are called that because when they feel threatened, they curl up into a ball, like this. Cody worried all day about Monty, and when we got home, he was just fine. We did go to Wal-mart and get him a dimmer for his under tank heater. I also got a couple more thermometers. I'd swiped Onnie's to put into Monty's tank, so Onnie needed a new one. I also got one for Snow that has a hygrometer on it, and put her old one by the kitchen window for my own use. Now everybody's fat, dumb, and happy.


I decided to try a slightly more complicated sketch today, though I tried to remain within my 5 minute time limit. This is the sanctuary of my church.

Dana and Paxton were at it again this morning. They came into work absolutely screaming at each other. I could hear them halfway across the shop floor. I told Salena that they were at each other's throats again when I went to get my tools, so she went upstairs and told Ronnie and Charles. They went down and broke it up. Really, we could hear them all the way over in Salena's cage. I told her, "Oh great. I'm either going to catch an earful, or she'll be in a sulk and slam the units around all day." Sheesh. They need to leave their personal problems at home where they belong. Really, Dana needs to dump Paxton, and stop taking him back. Everybody in the plant knows he beats on her. She just keeps on taking him back.

I got Angie and the girls' Christmas presents mailed today, along with all my Christmas cards. We really need to all move closer together. It cost more to mail their gifts than to buy them! But I'm almost done. I still have to wrap and mail Dawn and Harold's, and buy and mail something for Denise L.

Cody was so excited this morning. It is his first day not riding the bus. You see, he got suspended for the rest of the year. He is thrilled. He got so tired of being bullied and tormented. Well, last week a kid kept trying to pick a fight, and Cody told him he didn't want to fight and for the kid to just leave him alone. Then the kid started hitting on Cody, so Cody shoved the kid's head through the bus window, breaking the window. I couldn't really punish him, because I had told him previously to do whatever he needed to to defend himself and we would deal with the consequences when they came. It really is survival of the fittest on those busses. The kids are completely out of control. Becky T. told me that one day when Mark was cleaning his bus after dropping all the kids off, he found a used condom in the back.

I know I should have been all strict and stern with Cody, but really I was thinking, "YEAH!!! That's my man!" Now maybe those kids will respect him a little more.

No comments: