Sunday, December 04, 2005

The Rest of Us

I suppose it's time to introduce the other members of our family. This is Katie, our 10 year old mixed breed dog. I tell people she is half Dalmatian/ half ship that passed in the night. When I took this picture I thought she looked like she was dead, but she's not. She's just really relaxed.
Next up is Squeaky. I don't know how old she is because she was dumped in our front yard. She was in such poor health that I didn't think she'd live. I decided that if she was going to die, at least she'd die warm, safe, and well fed. Four years later, she is still with us, fat and sassy as can be.
The next three pictures are of my three snakes. The black and white one is Onyx. He is a California King snake, hatched July 24, 2004. He is the first snake we got when I decided to get back into snake keeping. The next one is Snow. She is a snow morph corn snake hatched July11, 2004. Finally, we have Sunset, an amelanistic corn snake. Amelanistic means she has no black pigment. She is an '05 hatchling, but I don't know the exact date. I got her at Petco in Horn Lake. She is definitely the shiest of my snakes, but she is also the prettiest.


The weather can be so screwy sometimes. Just a couple of days ago, it was in the 20s. Last night I had to turn the air conditioner on because it got into the upper 70s. It is supposed to be back into the 20s by tomorrow night. This afternoon, it is just chilly and damp.

I've got to go back to work tomorrow. I'm sure not looking forward to it. I've really enjoyed my week off.

No comments: