Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Birds and Trees


It was when I was trying to draw this bird from memory, that I realized that I don't know what anything really looks like. This looks more like one of those fake plastic parakeets that you put in a bird cage to keep your bird company.

And, of course, what a bird needs is a tree.


Now for an update on the bus saga. Here I was thinking Cody was being beaten by a bully, when I got the notice home from the school and Cody was BEING the bully. Yes, another kid was hitting him, but it was a kindergarten kid. Now I just have to think of a suitable punishment. He has already lost his computer for as long as he is off the bus, but that just doesn't seem enough.

What I need is a hot bubble bath and some egg nog...

Speaking of Christmas, in a recent poll, nearly twice as many Americans want to hear "Merry Christmas" than "Happy Holidays".

This is too cool: http://www.pelourinho.com/movies/c003702/ One day, I hope to be able to do that.

3 comments:

Perpetual Beginner said...

Ouch! Good luck dealing with Cody on that score. I take it he was suspended from the bus, not the school? Bullying is something I desperately hope doesn't end up being a parenting issue for me, since it's not an area where I'm particularly objective. Both my husband and I were bullied in school, and it's a sensitive topic.

The movie is seriously cool.

Becky G said...

Thanks, I think I'm going to need it.

Buck said...

Let me add my best wishes, too, Becky. My eight year-old is having behavior issues right now and it pains me that I'm not physically there to help. One can only go so far with moral support.

But, we do what we can. Parenting is the hardest job in the world. And the most rewarding!