Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Oddest Thing...

happened today. A guy called my cell phone, but it was the wrong number. The odd thing is that he was trying to call a friend of his who's name is also Becky. He thought I was her playing a trick on him, and I thought he was James trying to pull a prank phone call on me. We ended up talking for 20 minutes, and he asked if he could call me back. He lives in the Ann Arbor area of Michigan, judging by his area code. Yes, he gave me his phone number. His name is Larry Perkins, he is in his mid 40s, and he makes his living running a dance studio. He asked how he could get in touch with me again, and I said, "The same way you did this time."

Today was the Christmas parade, but we didn't go. I figured Cody'd pitch a fit wanting to go, but he didn't even ask. Our parade is kind of dumb anyway. Most of the entries are nothing but cars with a hand lettered "Eat at Joe's" sign taped to the sides and kids riding on the hood.

Attendance at karate class didn't seem to be down because of it either. However, Joshua wasn't there. He is in the band, so I kind of figured he wouldn't make it. Sensei is going to be out Thursday, so James and I will have to teach the 6 and 7 o'clock classes. We are just to lead basics and kata, and in the adult class two-man basics. I started learning the other side of two-man basics tonight. I'll have to get Mr Sullivan and Mr Eiffling to go over it with me. The good news is, Cody is learning the other side, too, so I'll have somebody to practice at home with. I didn't learn anything new of kusanku kata because Cody was being such a stinker after class that we just left. He seems to think that once we get into the dojo, he doesn't have to mind his mother any more. But we had a good long talk about his behavior on the way home. Plus he is grounded.

No pictures today...nor recipes either.

No comments: