Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Wednesday Ramblings


I seem to be on a trend here lately, drawing things that produce light.

Abby and Zach came over Monday wanting to see Monty. Cody had been telling Abby about him Sunday at church, and she said she'd never come over to our house again because she was so scared of snakes. Well, Monday she came over wanting to see him, so we got him out. She did pretty good, actually, touching him and even holding him. But she screamed and ran out of the house when Cody showed her the dead, frozen mice in the freezer! She was more scared of them than the snake.

Yesterday at work, Miss Ruthie wasn't there, so they had Robert Ford working in her place. Robert Ford is quite the character, but is very likable. It's funny, though. No one ever calls him Robert, or even Rob. It's always Robert Ford--his full name. Anyway, he likes to mess with me about taking karate and stuff. Well, he hooked his foot up onto the conveyor and said, "I bet you can't do that." I said, "Of course I can, " and proceeded to do the same thing. The guy working behind us said, "I can do it too," and proceeded to remove his prosthetic leg and laid the whole thing up on the conveyor. The look on Robert Ford's face was priceless. He was looking at that leg like he couldn't figure out for the life of him what that thing was.

They were there at the party last night, of course. James called me at 5:24 and plaintively asked me if them three would be there. I told him of course they would. Back when she first started, she asked me to try to help her talk sensei into having parties at the dojo on Saturday nights. So you know they weren't going to miss a party. She is the boy craziest person I've ever seen! I think she is still in love with James, even though he doesn't want anything to do with her. He is ashamed of those few short weeks when he did like her. If I ask him about them, he'll say, "I didn't know what she was like then." None of us did. She's also in love with Justin and Josh, and I she's been looking pretty hard at Brian here lately. She bought them all new gis for Christmas presents--James didn't want his. He tried to get out of taking it, even to the point of offering it to me, right in front of her, to boot. She just doesn't get the hint.

No comments: