Thursday, December 08, 2005

A quickie

It is late tonight as I type this. I was late getting back from karate. Brian's parents didn't come to pick him up until nearly 9:00 PM. Since Sensei was at his daughter's play, it was up to me to lock up. Brian said I could go on home and he'd wait outside, but there was no way I was going to leave a 14 year old kid alone on the sidewalk in 30 something degree weather for who knows how long. So Josh and I waited with him. Speaking of Josh, he was acting like a crazy man in there tonight. So crazy, in fact, that I asked him what he'd been drinking. I'd never seen him like that before. Actually, my strongest impression was that he was acting like a man in love--totally bonkers. Yes, this is the same Josh who's MOM told me she wished he'd not be so serious all the time. Who's MOM told she wished he'd learn to relax and loosen up a bit. Well, she should have seen him tonight! Me and James weren't much better. We got the giggles, and I ended up laughing so much I cried and poor Josh was banging his head against the wall. I don't think there's a full moon tonight.
On a more serious note, I love old wrought iron fences with the fancy finials on the gate posts. They are beautiful, and a bit frightening as well. I guess because they always make me think of old cemetaries with big headstones and spooky shadows and such. I just had to try to sketch one. This quick sketching really makes me appreciate perspective lines and vanishing points and such.

Larry tried to call again last night, but I was already in bed. Which is where I'm heading right now. After I answer his e-mail, that is.

No comments: