Thursday, December 15, 2005

Old Barns

There is something very romantic about old barns. The bring back the days of a bygone era, a simpler time. Sunshine, new mown hay, kittens in the loft, fresh eggs, and the gentle lowing of milk cows.

Tonight was class night, and I think Sensei was trying to work off our holiday weight gain a bit early. My calves are still knotted from all that jumping we did. I did get to learn the last little bit of kusanku kata. I was almost done with it anyway, and I wanted to learn all of it before class let out for Christmas. Some dojos have class during the Christmas break, but we've always let out when school lets out. So few students show up that it isn't practical for sensei to open the dojo. However, THIS year, I have a key!
Speaking of Josh, he left his gi top at the dojo. James and I ran to the store and bought the brightest red lipstick we could find. Well, you can see from the picture what we did to Josh's gi. Now, I wouldn't do that to just anybody, but I knew Josh could take a joke. Even sensei was laughing about it. Or trying not to laugh...

As I was taking this picture, Josh asked, "Do I look violated?"

No comments: