Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Meet Josh and James

This is Joshua (in white) and James (in yellow), two of my karate buddies. The third picture is them grappling. I think Josh is winning that round. Josh invited me to grapple with him Thursday night, but I didn't. Sigh. In tonight's class, we actually went through ALL our kata. Usually we just do seisan and seiuinchin. But this time we got to do upper rank kata as well. Sensei even got out and did Chinto and kusanku with us. Well, sort of a modified version, since he still has to be careful of his knee. He tore his ACL in May, and had surgery to repair it in August. He still has limited use of it. After that, we did some bag work, and Josh told me I needed to be dainty when I punched the bag. He is such a hoot!

THEY were there, as always. James was trying to tell them that next Tuesday's class had been cancelled. That is actually our Christmas party night. He doesn't want them to come.

Cody asked sensei to teach him some more of two man basics, as he said, "So mom can have someone to practice on." I replied, "That's practice with, dear."

And I learned a few more steps of kusanku. I ought to be getting close to the end. I'm going to go run through it once more, then I'm heading for bed. Four thirty comes awfully early.

No comments: