Monday, March 04, 2024

Today Was The Day

I'd intended to post yesterday, but alas, my allergies were acting up.  

Heh, "acting up"...they were in a full blown rage.  But I'm feeling better today, and hopefully the rain this evening will settle things down even more.  One of my eyeballs is still a bit sore -- which is what makes me think it's the Bradford Pears that are aggravating me.  When I first moved here, my eyes would suddenly swell almost completely shut without warning, not even caring if I were at work or driving or anything.  Thankfully, that doesn't happen any more, but they do still get pretty irritated at times. 

This afternoon, I'd planned on taking the selfie stick for a test drive, but it's so dark outside what with the impending rain I decided to put that off until another day.  I was a bit bummed that I'm going to have to take my phone out of the case to use the stick, because it won't fit otherwise, but we'll just have to deal with that for now.  

What it did today was to begin moving these sunflowers.  A couple of them had reached what I felt was a critical point, in that they had started to flop over. 


I carefully dug them out of the tray, separated them, and planted them into these things. 


I put them outside for a bit, to begin hardening them off, but will bring them in when the rain starts here in a minute.  I have the day off tomorrow to get my car fixed, so I'll try to get them out into some direct sunlight for a couple of hours -- morning sun, preferably since it's not as harsh.  

I've got a few more that I'll probably move tomorrow, and the rest ought to be OK for a few more days.  I just hope they survive.  Like I said, it's a learning process.  

In other news, my garden cloches arrived yesterday, and I was pleasantly surprised that they were a bit bigger than I'd envisioned.  


They came with little identification tags and pins to hold them into place.  I'm seriously considering putting one over this bunch of violets, even though the deer don't usually bother them.  


Just to see how they work, you know. 

No comments: