Friday, March 29, 2024

Done!

There I was at work, just a working away when one of the other brazers leaned over and told me that Demi-God had said, (and I'm paraphrasing due to my poor memory) "I just don't understand it.  On second shift, I used to be able to braze 300-400 parts per day, but on this shift, I can only do around 200."  

She replied (again paraphrasing), "It's not so easy when you can't just do whatever orders you want."

BTW, today was Demi-God's dad's birthday.  Dad was going to sent him to the back, but Demi-God didn't want to go.  He said, "If he makes me go to the line after lunch, I'm not going to get him any birthday present!"  

In other news, I finally finished the book I was reading, Variant.   Let me just say, there's a reason it took me three tries to get through it.  Not only was it very tedious reading, as in the author used a lot of words to tell a little story, it was your typical futuristic dystopian story in which the main character is a 17 year old narcissistic girl who thinks she knows more than everyone else.  Not only that, but no one in this supposed VLA seems to have ever heard the phrase "Loose lips sink ships."  The main character, Paige, blabbed the the location of the safe house and her super secret computer chip project to her BFF Becca, and every one seems perfectly OK with that.  Not only do they seem OK with it, but even knowing she's a blabbermouth, they tell her even more super secret information, then seem surprised when she blows up their project by compromising it.   All it took was a massive temper tantrum by our heroine, and they tell her everything.  It's a perfect illustration of why need to know is so important.  I'll still lay odds Becca ends up being a double agent or something.

Honestly, I don't see how I am going to make it through the rest of the series.  

Now, the plan had been to go back to Shakespeare, but instead I decided to pick this book back up and try to finish it.  
 

 It's another one I'm on my third time trying to read it.  I'll let you know how that goes. 

In other news, I was laying in bed last night, thinking about my little sunflowers when I realized I'd already used up four of my little cloches.  I only had two more, but I had a lot more plants.  I quickly grabbed my phone and found them to re-order, and that's when I saw it.  There were 10 in the set, not six.  Whew!  

When I got home from work, I planted one more sunflower seedling into the front flower bed. 


That makes five, and I think that's all I'm going to be able to fit in that bed. 


I don't want to interfere with this, which I think is a batchelor's button that keeps re-seeding from a few I planted a couple of years ago.  I'm hoping I can get them established here.  


I've still got a bunch more I've got to figure out where I'm going to put them.  Four already in little cups, 


and one still in the seed tray. 


 I'll need to do something with them soon, but I'm not sure where to put them.  I'm thinking I could put some in front of the shed to help hide its ugliness. 


I need to move this firewood, now that winter is about over.  Maybe I can put some here, too. 


Then I'll have to figure out where to put all the cosmos.  Deer don't eat them, so I'm thinking about putting them out by the back fence.  Oh, and I have to finish moving my daffodils...

The fun just never ends, huh?  

No comments: