Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Rough Day

Man, it was rough today at work.  Every single order I did had something wrong with it.  Every one. 

I won't go into all the gory details, but I'm telling you I had some orders that every single adapter tube had been bent wrong.  Every single one.  By the third time I took a batch back to be re-cut, I kind of peeped around the corner and told Group Leader Shark, "I'm afraid to come over there."  Because I'd had to get so much recut, you know. 

By the end of the day, I felt like I'd done more walking back and forth to tubing getting stuff re-cut than I did actually brazing.    

Then I got to come home and do laundry.  Yippee...

The good news is, the two sunflowers I planted in the front bed yesterday made it through the night. 


It wasn't supposed to frost, but I got a bit paranoid and covered them with Walmart sacks anyway...just in case.  Turns out there was no need, because it didn't get that cold.  Cold enough to frost, I mean.  It was still in the low 40s.  

This afternoon, I planted two more.


Now, I have four little sunflowers all in a row. 


The rest will be fine in their little pots for a bit longer.  I just wish I knew what variety of sunflowers these are, so I'll know how tall they get.   I want to put the others behind these, but don't know if they're the ones that get like 15 feet tall or not.  I guess we'll find out, huh?  

Once I was done with that, I moved the last sunflower seedling from the tray into its own little pot and began hardening it off. 


I think that's going to be it for the sunflowers, but I had nine of thirteen cells germinate, so that's pretty good. 

I also decided it was time to begin hardening the few little cosmos seedlings I have, so I set them out in the sun for a couple of hours. 


And look!  There is one more that has made it up from South America!  That makes five all told.  I still don't know where I'm going to put these.  Deer tend to avoid eating them, so I'd like to put them somewhere in the back yard.  I don't know.  I'll figure it out. 

While I was out piddling in the yard, I picked a few henbit leaves and tasted them, and that stuff is good!  I'll definitely be nibbling more on that.  

I guess that's it for today.  If anyone needs me, I'll just be over here snacking on my weeds.  

Laters. 

No comments: