Monday, March 18, 2024

As I Figured

Well, today was the first day using our new numbers on our headers, and as I figured, on about half of my headers, I put my brazer number instead of my station number.  You don't erase 5 years of ingrained habit overnight.  My only comfort is that I wasn't the only one doing it.  

Other than that, the day passed without incident.

In other news, all my plants -- and the cat -- are safely tucked into the house in anticipation of tonight's freeze.  My gut tells me this will be the last one for the year, but my gut has been known to be wrong.  Just in case, I got a Walmart sack to see how well it would fit over the garden cloches I bought.  Turns out it was a perfect fit, so I'm thinking I might go ahead and plant one or two of the more robust sunflowers into my front flower bed after the freeze.  

If there happens to be another frost, I can cover them with the aforementioned Walmart sack.   Two, if it gets really cold. 

There is one thing, though.  I read on another website that deer don't like to eat sunflowers, so now I'm confused.  Do they or do they not eat sunflowers?  I don't think I'll take any chances and will spread the Repels All anyway.  Just to be on the safe side. 

This is going to be short because I'm very sleepy.  I still haven't adjusted to these early mornings, coupled with the time change, so I'm going to leave you with my latest finished object and go to bed. 


 Goodnight, all. 

No comments: