Tuesday, March 26, 2024

It's All Good

Yeah, we had some weather last night, but thankfully, it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been.   Still both Reed Timmer and Ryan Hall, Y'all were live streaming the event, and before it was all over, I had them both on screens. 


I call them a Weather Geek's Dream Team.  But 3:30 comes mighty early, even when geekery is to be had, so eventually I went to bed.  Where I put Ryan on the TV, only I had to connect my Fire Stick in the bedroom to the internet because I hadn't done that since I'd turned said internet back on in August.  I'm not really even sure why I have a TV in the bedroom, because I so seldom use it.  I'd rather watch on my Kindle or phone, so I can lay down and take my glasses off...But that's neither here nor there...

Then I put Reed's livestream on on my Kindle and went back to weather watching.  Eventually, I turned the TV off and just listened to the livestream on my Kindle with my eyes closed...until I turned it off, too and went to sleep.  I slept so hard, I completely slept through the second squall line that went through around 10:00-ish or so.

I woke up this morning to the news of a tornado in the Jackson area, just north of the city -- which is where Cody and Brennan live.   I quickly shot off a text, knowing he wouldn't be up yet, but knew he'd answer when he could.  Sure enough, he did, and said they were both fine. 

While I was looking for info on that tornado, I read the news of the bridge in Baltimore.  Is it terrible of me that my first thought was, "Cue the conspiracy theorists?"  Yeah...

I wish I could say I was wrong about that, but I wasn't.  Before lunchtime even came around, they were already at it.  Funny how they want to call us sheeple, yet expect us to mindlessly accept everything they say on nothing more than a meme and a "Because I said so."   But that's another rant for another day. 

Anyway, I left for work a bit early just in case there was debris in the road, but fortunately there was very little.  A few small branches down on Riverdale road, but nothing major.  Some people lost power, too, but it wasn't me this time.  

The good news is, I was able to get my vacation day for my actual doctor's appointment put in and approved, then I cancelled the day I'd put in for my phantom doctor's appointment.  I mean, the appointment I'd imagined I had, not that the doctor is a phantom.  I had a brief moment of panic when I tried to cancel in the little computer thing, and it said No Requests Found, but after I'd talked to HR, it turns out that it was because I'd requested that day under the old system prior to March 1.  She was able to cancel it for me, so now all I have to do is remember to change my dentist appointment and we're good to go. 

Then I came home to find my eclipse t-shirt is here, so I'm all ready for my trip. 


Now, if you'll excuse me, Sherlock is up on Hulu and I've got a show to binge.  

Laters...

No comments: