Saturday, March 30, 2024

Quiet Saturday

You know you live a dull life when the highlight of your week is getting a new phone case.  Yeah...

I've had that phone for 2 1/2 years now, and the case I'd bought for it had the screen protector built in.  Alas, it was plastic and after a couple of years of use, it had gotten so scratched up as to be unusable.  Naturally, I did what any red blooded American would do.  I bought a new one, and a new case to go with it.  

Heh, I was standing in the electronics section of Walmart, reading the package where it says the case is rated to 8' drop protection...whereupon I promptly dropped said case in its packaging.  "And that's why I need drop protection," I said to no one in particular.  

I came home and put my phone into its new case, which is so much slimmer than my old case.  

Along with the bright new screen protector, it's almost like having a new phone.   And look!  It fits into my selfie stick!  


I can make vlogs no one will watch now!  In fact, you almost got one today.  It was such a beautiful day I decided to get dressed and go walk the Bottomland trail at the Lee Tartt Nature Preserve. 


Unfortunately, I was all the way up there when it occurred to me that I should have brought the selfie stick.  Ah, well, maybe next time. 

In other news, I got two more of my sunflowers planted this morning.  


I put them into the Southeast corner of my back yard, and I hope it's not too soggy there for them.  I have three left to plant, and I'd love to put them here on the East side of my carport.  


The only issue with that is the previous owner's obsession with rocks.  Still, I think If I dig down a bit, sift out the rocks and fill it back in with topsoil, the flowers might thrive there.  The weeds certainly are. 

Speaking of weeds, I ground up and bottled the Purple Deadnettle I'd dried last week.  I got about half a jar, and I'm not even sure I want to collect any more.  It smells and tastes a bit like dirt.  The bees and butterflies love it, and I think I'll leave it to them.  

Oh, and a bit of bad news, my hummingbird feeder broke.  The loop you hang it from snapped off, but I don't know why.  It was fine when I put the seedlings out onto the porch this morning.  Oh well, they're pretty cheap at Walmart.  I'll run in and pick up a new one after work Monday.  And maybe pick up some Easter candy on clearance while I'm there. 

That reminds me, I was going to get a ham for Easter dinner, but the smallest one I could find was $11 and something.  At that price, I may just have to open up one of those canned hams from my pantry.  Ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, and that'll likely be it.  I have some sweet potatoes in the freezer that I considered getting out and making a pie, but I didn't.   

You know, being allergic to eggs, I don't usually keep them on hand, but a couple of weeks ago, I picked up a half dozen.  Just in case I got a wild hair and wanted to bake something or something.  Well, today, I got that wild hair and decided I want to dye them.  Who cares that I'm fifty-mmmfmfmfm years old?  I wanted to dye eggs so I did.  Wonder of wonders, I even had some old PAAS dyes in the craft closet from back when I was into dying my own yarns, and after all these years, they still worked pretty well, doncha think? .  


And of course Peep and I had to follow that up by watching an old classic, which I still never miss. 


And finally, I know I haven't really been posting about my piano progress lately, but I am still plugging away at it.  Today, I was able to finish the last song in this book and put it away. 


I'm going to stick with doing just the Alfred's courses for now, but I may go back and get some more of these eventually.  One of these days, I might even give you another concert. 

Maybe...

No comments: