Thursday, March 21, 2024

The Little Things

It's the little things....

Like a good night's sleep, which I finally got for the first time since the time change and it felt amazing.  I even dreamed, which I don't do often any more, because I don't sleep enough.  I'm actually kind of envious of those of you who can lay down and sleep eight straight hours.  I can't even remember the last time I did that.  

I was hoping the work day would go better than it did yesterday, but noooo...this is ADP after all.  

Way back when, a few years ago, I was chatting with one of the supervisors and I don't even remember what we were talking about when all of the sudden he said, "Don't blog this!"  I said I wouldn't, but I was thinking, "Sheesh, give me credit for having a little discretion!"  

The whole point is, I know you like reading about my coworkers and the crazy things that go on out there, but let me assure you that you're just getting the tip of the iceberg.  There is a whole lot more that I don't post about.  A lot. 

All I'm going to say is, there is a lot they could do to make our jobs easier and more efficient.  Simple things, like putting the jig number on the pick list, and making sure we actually have the jigs we need to braze the assemblies up, but no.... We just have to figure it out, because not having a jig or knowing which jig is the correct one is no excuse for letting the line go down for lack of headers.  But they seem to want to make our jobs as labor intensive as possible.  

It's all very frustrating and discouraging, so, let's move on, shall we?

I got myself a little something for the house today.   And what is that?  Well, it's this:

A sink organizer rack!  It's the little things...

I've wanted one for a while, but finally broke down and bought one. It makes the back of my sink look so much better. 


I realized after I cleaned up that I should have taken a before photo, but I'm sure you know what a cluttered, unorganized sink looks like.  By the way, it'll look even neater once that nearly empty bottle of dishwashing liquid is used up...

Speaking of up, I have another cosmos seedling peeking out!  You can barely see it, but it's there in the cell just below the marker thingy.   


It looks like there might be another sunflower germinating, too, but you can't really see it in the photo. 

And finally, if you play Wordle, I'm sure you've seen the recent change.

I guess I won't be keeping track of my stats any more, because I'm not creating an account.  Eh, half the time I forget to play anyway, so no streaks for me.  That's also why I stopped posting my results on Facebook.  It had become too hit and miss.

Kind of like my sleeping ...

No comments: