Thursday, March 28, 2024

Nothing Ever Happens

It's been nearly two weeks since they had us change the number we put onto our headers from our brazer number to our station number.  Two weeks, and I still find myself putting the old number on more often than not. 

The problem is, my job is pretty much a no brainer.  It's so easy, the GEICO caveman can do it, so I tend to put myself on autopilot and my brain checks out. Where does it go?  

Well, here lately, I've been imagining what would the world look like today if just one thing in history had been different.  What if Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon's son had lived?  What if Richard III had won the battle of Bosworth?  Or if Harold Godwinson had won at Hastings in 1066?  

It's all great fun, but tends to take me out of reality.  Eh, nothing ever happens out there anyway.

Or so we thought...

But first, I need to set the stage.  We have a computer over in our department for the brazers and parts stagers to use, you know, to confirm our work, run prints, get schedules, etc.  Lots of times, the parts stagers from other departments -- like sheet metal-- will come and use our computer because it's more convenient for them than walking over to their computer. Usually, when we need to do something, they'll step back and let us go first, seeing as how it is our department's computer and all.  

Which brings us to today.  One of the brazers was waiting to use the computer, only one of the sheet metal parts stager was over there running off a bunch of pick lists.  One of the new ones...Group Leader Shark went over and asked her to let the brazer kit her work real quick, even saying please, but the parts stager got smart with her.  That is one thing you do not do is get smart with Group Leader Shark. 

Let's just say, there is a reason she has that nickname. 

After all was said and done, she went to Supervisor, who went to the sheet metal parts stager, who appeared to get smart with him.  And not a single sheet metal person came into our department for the rest of the day.  

Though she be but little, she is fierce. 

Moving right along, you might remember a while back I mentioned that the radio in my car was acting up.  I ended up turning it off completely, only when I tried to turn it back on, it wouldn't do anything.  No music -- not even if I plug an MP3 player or my phone into the USB-- I can't pull up the menu, play the radio.  Nothing.  It's not that big a deal doing what little driving I do around town, but when I drive to Missouri here in a few days, I'm going to need some music.  So, I asked on FB if anyone in town worked on radios and got a few recommendations.  

After work, I drove all the way to the other end of town to get a guy to look at it, only he wasn't in his shop today.  I'll have to go back, but I figured since I was already in town, I might as well go by Walmart today, since tomorrow will likely be a madhouse, it being the payday before a holiday weekend.  

Naturally, I had to check out the garden center.   The only thing they had that I wanted was a rosemary plant.  Figuring by now that mine died in the ice storm, I went ahead and got a new one. 


 It is now safely tucked into the raised bed.  They didn't have much in stock yet, but it's still pretty early in the season.  Oh, and speaking of, I saw the first few sprigs of my spearmint peeking out of the ground today.  I'm going to be sure to dry and bottle up some of that this year, too. 

And finally, I hadn't planned on getting any Easter candy this year, but I broke down and splurged.   


Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to grab a shower and head for bed.  

G'night, all. 

No comments: