Saturday, May 18, 2019

What Was I Thinking?

As you may know, it's rained a lot this spring.  I mean a lot.  Because of this, I haven't been able to mow in about 3 weeks.  I really, really needed to cut my grass.  After I got off work, I did just that.  Let me tell you, it was hot out there.  It was so hot, the lawnmower kept overheating, and I'd have to stop and let it cool off.

That I may have been cooling myself off in the process is beside the point.

It was on one of these cool down breaks I checked the temp.


What was I thinking????  Oh, yeah, I was thinking it's supposed to rain again tomorrow.  I couldn't let the grass grow another week, or I might need a sherpa to navigate my yard.  Therefore, I soldiered on.

Y'all would be proud of me, though.  See, I was cutting out behind my chicken-less chicken coops when I ran over a stump I'd forgotten about.  It was completely covered in Creeping Charlie.  I hit it so hard, I bent the lawnmower blade.


Luckily, I had an extra blade I'd bought on clearance a couple of years ago.  I got in there and I changed that lawnmower blade out all by myself.  I must have done a good job, because it didn't fly off and cut my legs off when I started the mower back up. 

In the midst of all this mowing, I also did laundry.  I checked my new t-shirt for washing instructions and found this: 


I must be careful when wearing it, because I'd hate to be overcome by a platypus. 






No comments: