Thursday, May 30, 2019

It's A Trap!


Yes, it is, and it worked!  I caught two of the nasty little buggers in my mouse traps last night.

That's about the only good thing that happened, though.  Insomnia hit me, and hit me hard.  I tossed.  I turned.  I threw the covers off.  I pulled the covers back on.  I turned some more.  I tossed some more.  I finally fell asleep shortly after midnight, which isn't good when you get up at 3:00 AM.   I made it through the day, but felt like a walking zombie the whole time.

One good thing: while I was in the throes of my insomnia, I made my hotel reservations for this year's Fiber Fun In The 'Sip.  I booked a room at the same hotel I stayed in last year, and made reservations for two adults.  So, if anyone wants to go, but couldn't really afford to, you can bunk in with me.  I won't even ask for help with the room.  I mean, I won't turn it down if you offer, but that would be completely up to you. 

Like most knitters, I have eleventy billion sets of needles.  None of which I can find when I need them.  Last week, Knit Picks had their circular needles on sale for 30% off.  I picked up a couple more size 7s, and one more size 8. 


None of which I will be able to find when I need them.

While I was there, I grabbed a few balls of their neon colors for charity hats.


Just because homeless people are down on their luck doesn't mean they have to be drab.  I'm thinking these three colors might make a cool helix knit hat.  I'm thinking blue cuff, then add the yellow and pink for the body of the hat.  What do you think?  I think whoever gets that hat will definitely not be drab. 

I was scanning through my Facebook memories, and ran across this caption I had written about 4 years ago. 

Sometimes I do feel like giving up hope-- not of finding a man who will love me. There have been some of those. But of finding a man *I* can love. I've had crushes and infatuations before, but I've never felt that deep down, soul touching, can't live without him love. I live alone, and I have yet to meet the man who would make me want to change that. I'm turning 50 this year, and I fear I may be running out of time.

The photo it accompanied has apparently been deleted, so I have no idea what brought it on.  I can't really say anything regarding the way I feel about whatever it was has changed since then.  I still tell people I like living alone, and when I find a man I want to be with more than I want to be alone, I'll consider getting married again. 

On the other hand, I'm not getting any younger.  At my age, I don't expect to fall in love.  I'm too old for it.  It would be nice, however, like to find security.  Then again, I'm not ready to give up who I am just to have someone to cut the grass and change light bulbs. 

Eh, don't mind me.  That's just the sleep deprivation talking. 

Finally, if you come here from somewhere other than FB, Twitter, MeWe, or Instagram, you might want to bookmark the site.  I'm going to stop posting to so many sites, especially ones that don't drive traffic to the blog in the first place. 










No comments: