Thursday, May 02, 2019

All Good Things

They say all good things must come to an end, and so it was today at work.  

Stalker was back.  Sigh.  I knew it couldn't last forever, but it could have at least lasted the rest of the week.  Or month.  Or year.  Or my career...But no....The good news is I slept a lot better last night.  No dreams about my stalker.  Alas, no dreams about shantymen, either.  Eh, can't win 'em all. 

After finishing my blog post yesterday, I was going to go read my book a little bit before turning out the light, but all I got through was the blurb about the first illustration.  Granted, it was two pages long, but still...I tried to start the first chapter, but my old eyes kept blurring, then drifting closed.  I quickly gave up, and just went on to sleep.  

I still haven't found my alto recorder, though.  

I'm still debating on buying a piano, too.  I mean, it's a lot of money for the one I want, and I can't help but think about that old guitar in the closet.  I bought it years ago to learn how to play, and haven't touched it since Cody started kindergarten.  Maybe I should get it out and try again before buying a piano.  


Maybe it'll go better this time around with some YouTube videos to follow.  That is, if I can somehow find time to practice between all these 12 hour shifts I work.  

I'll let you know how it goes. 

In other news, I found a website that you can sign up to get pen pals from all over the world.  I mean, there are lots of them, but the one I bookmarked, Global Penfriends, seems to have pretty strict security standards.  According to their statement, they're going to make sure you are who you say you are before letting you get someone's home address.  I haven't signed up yet.  I'm still debating whether I want to.  I mean, I kind of do, but I'm still kind of not sure.  What if nobody wants to write to me?  

Finally, I'm going to be posting this notice every so often, just to make sure everyone sees it.  I blog nearly every day, but FB often won't show my post in your feed.  If you're not seeing it, either go directly to my FB page, or book mark the blog web site.  

Not that I'm groveling for attention, but I'm kind of groveling for attention.  

No comments: