Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Back To Work

Yep, all good things must come to an end, and so my long weekend did this morning, when the alarm began shrieking at 3:00 AM.  I sure did not want to get out of bed, but somebody has to feed all these animals.

Let me tell you, it was hot in the plant.  So hot.  It was so hot, I thought I was going to be sick for a while.  I went into the bathroom to try to cool off, and they didn't even have the air on in there.  It was like a little sauna.  After sitting for a moment, with sweat pouring off of me, I got up and went back out to my fan.

That right there is why I don't want to give up brazing.  At least I have a fan.  Lots of folks out there just have to suffer through the heat.

This is going to be short, because I really, really just want to go to bed.  I did want to show you what I worked on over the weekend.  First, I finished another hat.


At this rate, I might singlehandedly be able to fill my friend's blessing bags.  I cast on a new one, and knit a couple of rounds to establish the pattern, then decided to take a break from hat knitting to work on this scarf.


This was the scarf I started back in 2017, when I went to Missouri to watch the solar eclipse with my friend Peggy and her husband Ed.  I got to looking at it, though, and realized if I continued the pattern as is, my scarf would end up being about 20 feet long.  So, I did what any red blooded American would do.  I ripped it out and started over.

I added three more repeats, and I think it'll do much better this way.


Shorter, wider scarves are the in thing these days.  Heh, at the rate I'm going, by the time I finish, long, skinny scarves will be back in style.

Ain't that the way of it?

Finally, my Memorial Day tradition is to watch war movies -- one from each major war the U.S. has fought in (except the Revolutionary War, which I commemorate on Independence Day), and this year was no exception.  In addition to my usual Lone Survivor, We Were Soldiers, and Taking Chance, I also watched 13 Hours this time around.

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (2016) — The Movie Database (TMDb)


Because Chris, Sean, Glen, and Tyrone deserve to be remembered, too.

Never forget.

No comments: