Tuesday, May 07, 2019

One Of Those Days

Today was one of those days when I wish we could bring back flogging as an acceptable form of workplace discipline.  Why, you may ask?  Well, I'll tell you. 

Yesterday, Group Leader, several other employees and myself spent a couple of hours cleaning, organizing, and straightening up our work area.  It was all neat and organized.  Stuff was in the right place and everything. 

This morning, we walked in to a disaster area.  It looked like a tornado hit the place.  It's like, why do we even bother?

Sigh, at least I get to come home to a new season of Lone Star Law tonight.  Except that I'm going to have to DVR it and watch it tomorrow.  Because when you get up ridiculously early...well, you know the drill by now. 

I had to re-tune my guitar.  Or maybe I didn't get it tuned right in the first place.  Whatever, I had to re-tune it, because it had gotten out of tune again. Then I tried to play a few moments, just to toughen up my fingertips.  It still hurts pretty badly to play, but I can already feel the callouses forming. I'm getting pretty good at the two chords I know.  I think I'm ready to learn another one. 

What I'm not ready for is this: 



Nooooooo!  No!  No!  No! No!!!!

I guess summer is officially here.  Maybe not according to the calendar, but the temps have hit the 90s and the cotton is up.  That says summer in my book. 

I'm already counting down the days until Fall. 

No comments: