Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Why, Oh Why?


I have this big pile of wood in my back yard.  It's what's left from having my big tree cut down.  I'd asked the guy to leave me the limbs for firewood, so he did.  Yes, all that wood -- even the great big pieces -- are limbs.  He didn't leave any of the trunk.  There's no way I could have handled trying to cut up that trunk.  It was huge.  H. U. G. E.  As it is, I'm probably going to have to ask for help with some of the larger pieces anyway.  All that to say, I have this big pile of wood in my back yard. 

All day long, this pile of wood has been calling my name.



I tried to ignore it, but it was relentless.  Finally, with great angst, I drug out the old chainsaw and went to cutting it up.   I was about to stop for the day when Mrs. Newman came out and asked me to cut down a couple of dead trees in her yard.  Just small ones, maybe 6 inches in diameter. 

I went over and cut her trees down, and tossed them over the fence into my yard, to add to my pile of firewood.  Mrs. Newman thanked me, and said she was going to burn the stumps down.  I said I was going to go take a shower. 

By the time I walked back to my shed to put my chainsaw up, I was so exhausted I was literally staggering.  Remember, I'm doing all of this after getting up at 3:30 AM and working a 10 hour shift in the factory.   It was definitely one of those What was I thinking? moments.  I'm afraid I'm going to have noodle arms tomorrow.  That ought to make work fun.  Or interesting to say the least.

Other than that, it was a beautiful, albeit warm, day.  The old girl really enjoyed having the windows open.  At her age, there isn't a lot left that she can enjoy. 


I think I may have finally found someone to get rid of all that concrete that is still in my back yard.


 First the tree guy was going to haul it off, but he never came and got it.  Then the construction worker said he'd come get it and haul it off with some of his other construction scrap, but he never showed up.  I asked one of the maintenance guys at work, and he gave me the name and number of someone who could come bury it in the yard for me.  According to Jonathan, the guy is reasonable and reliable.  The only problem...

I have to make a phone call. 

If you know me at all, you know what an issue that is.  If you don't, let me just say, I've had that number for two weeks now, and still haven't called it. 

That ought to tell you something right there...


No comments: