Monday, March 20, 2017

Monday, Monday

I'm tired.

I've been tired all day.  I'm not sure why, considering I slept pretty well last night.  If you don't count the weird dreams, that is.

I dreamed I was at work, and another group leader asked me to help out in his area.  After working over there for a while, I thought to myself that I needed to go get my tools from my regular work area before someone stole them.  I headed back to get them, and couldn't figure out how to get back to my brazing stand.  Yes, I was lost in the plant.  The plant I've spent the majority of my waking hours for the last 21 years, and I was lost.  The plant I know better than I know my own house, and I was lost.  Lost. 

I think my dream may have been precipitated by what happened Saturday.  This past weekend was the last two days of spring break, and a lot of people were out.  I mean a lot of people.  The group leader across the way didn't have either of his sub-brazers show up.  He had one of his line brazers trying to sub braze, and despite what ADP management seems to think, the two are not the same thing.   About half an hour into the day, he hollered across to me and asked if I would come sub braze for him.  I told him to clear it with Supervisor Calvin and I would.

I got over there and asked the other brazer if she'd ever sub brazed before.  "No," she said, "and I'm so lost." 

"Never fear," I replied, "the cavalry is here."  And thus, we made it through the work day, but I had a different view all day.   I told Supervisor Calvin it was like sitting on the back porch instead of the front porch. 

After work, I came home and thought about all the stuff I needed to do, but didn't really want to do any of it.  I spent the rest of the day watching TV.

Sunday.  My only full day off and I slept half the day away.  Well, I slept until 8:30, but after getting up at 3:30 all week, that feels like sleeping half a day away.  Sunday afternoon, I got out and cleaned last year's mulch and the weeds out of my flower bed, clawed my soil, and planted the two bags of bulbs I had.

They didn't take up as much room as I thought they would, so I've got plenty of room to plant more.   Mrs. Newman was working in her yard, so we chatted a bit about what we were going to plant and all.  She saw my garden claw, and asked about it.  I showed her how it works, and let her borrow it to turn her flower beds.  When she brought it back, she said, "I love that thing!" 

That's all I've done so far.  I had to run into town after work today, and stopped by the store.  I almost bought some marigolds, but decided to wait.  Yes, today is the first day of spring, but there is still the chance of a late frost or freeze.  Besides, I need some time to get my marigold bed ready.  That won't take long.  I just need to get out and do it.  I scratched my gardening itch by buying another gerbera daisy.

While I was there, I bought a couple of bags of garden soil.  I already have another box of that fake stone border.  I'm going to extend my front flower bed a few more feet.  That ought to hold my gardening fever in check until it's warm enough to plant. 

In knitting news, I finally found time to cast on my red, white, and blue project.  This is the red and white part of it.

The blue will come in a bit.

The fun part came after I cast on the first time.  I was knitting away, thinking to myself that this was some mighty thin worsted weight yarn.  It was then that I checked the ball band.  No wonder it was so thin.  It's not worsted weight after all.

It's DK weight.  That explains a lot.   I ripped it out and cast on again on smaller needles, but with more stitches.  Now, we're cooking with gas. 

And I'm out of gas, so I'm going to bed.  Goodnight.

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails