Monday, March 27, 2017

Curtains

Back when I moved into this house, there weren't any doors on any of the closets.  I thought that was a bit weird.  I asked the seller to put them back, but they said there weren't any doors on any of the closets when they moved in, either.  Well, all right then...

Closet doors went onto the list of things I needed to buy for the house, when I can afford them.  In the meantime, I am following the advice Beverly gave me and am hanging curtains in front of the closets.  This is the one I've chosen for my bedroom. 


Technically, it's a shower curtain, which was a lot cheaper than regular curtains.  It already makes my room look neater not having all my closet junk out where everyone can see it.  Now, all I need is to get my crown molding and baseboards installed and I'll be done with the bedroom, for now.  Well, except for hanging stuff on the walls, that is. 

While I was ordering, I went ahead and bought a new shower curtain for my bathroom.


Just like with the bedroom, all I need is my crown molding installed and I'll be done, except for hanging stuff on the walls, that is. 

I'm going to get a shower curtain for Cody's closet, too, but his will probably be camouflage or something that goes along with his rustic, hunting lodge theme.   I would have ordered one at the same time as I ordered mine, but I was really, really tired. 

Speaking of being really, really tired, I seem to be developing my own peculiar dialect, which I call Really, Really Tired.  For example, repptor tept means plastic wrap in Really, Really Tired.  This afternoon, I came home and stoutly declared, "I'm not afraid of my own boogers".  I have no idea what I was intending to say, but there you go.  I've long since given up trying to find an explanation for such things.

But I digress...

The next big project will be to get my living room painted.  I'm still not quite ready to tackle all that paneling, though.  I haven't forgotten what a pain in the patooty painting my bedroom was.  However, it was worth it.  My room looks a lot nicer now.  I'm sure the living room will, too, when I get around to painting it.

Meanwhile, I've got things happening in my front flower bed. 



Two of my three dahlia bulbs are sprouting.  I haven't seen hide nor hair of the freesias, yet, though. Not that flowers have hides, or hairs, which may be why I haven't seen any. 

There I go, lapsing into Really, Really Tired again.  I guess I'd better get on to bed, before it gets worse.



No comments: