Thursday, March 30, 2017

Stormy Weather

I made it through the storms last night, though it got pretty hairy there for a while.  I woke up to several small branches down in my back yard.



And some in my front yard.  Where there aren't any trees.


We had to have had some pretty stout winds to blow those branches there.  On the way to work, I saw lots of twigs and leaves down, and I heard there was a tree down west of town, but no major damage.  At least, none that I've heard of.  A lot of people were without power, but I didn't lose mine.  Thank goodness for that.

I got some more news on my coworker who was arrested yesterday.  Turns out it wasn't for selling drugs after all.  Turns out he is a murder suspect in Memphis.  I found an article in the local paper about it.  I tried to search in one of the Memphis papers' website, but there were too many homicide articles, and I couldn't find it.  They actually have a homicide tracker feature on the site.  Wow, it makes me glad I live in a small town.

I mean, there are murders here, but not that often.  Not multiple murders each day. 

Well, that was my excitement for today. 

Yesterday, I was out in my yard.  I wanted to mow before the storms hit.  On a whim, I decided to check the pecan tree, and I saw buds!  You know what that means?  I can plant!

I think I'm going to put some French Marigolds in this weekend.  Just the one bed, though, so I can cover it up if I need to.  Yee haw!  I'm so excited!












No comments: