Saturday, March 11, 2017

How Was Your Day?

So, there I was at work, just a working away, when I had to walk to the tubing department.  On my way there, Coworker Edna stopped me and asked, "What are you going to blog about tonight?"

And I'm thinking, "Blimey, I wasn't planning on blogging.  Now I have to think of something!"  Only I didn't think "blimey".  I just threw that in there because it sounds a lot more dramatic than what I was really thinking.  Which was something dull and innocuous like, "Oh no". 

I go back to my brazing stand, and I'm busy trying to think of something to blog about.  It didn't take long for my mind to start wandering...I began to plan all the stuff I was going to do when I got off.  I was going to dig up and transplant that last patch of spider lilies in my front yard, so I could put my Weed & Feed down in the morning.  I was going to pull up the last few landscape timbers in the back yard, doing away with those beds right behind my house.  I was going to get really industrious and take the chainsaw to that pile of logs, and maybe even cut down Mrs. Newman's two dead trees.  I was going to rake up all the old mulch out of my flower beds and start getting them ready for planting late next month...

I pulled out my phone and opened my weather app to make sure it wasn't going to rain in the morning.  It said 45'.  That was from when I checked it at 3:00 AM.  I waited for it to refresh, expecting the temp to go up to the mid 60s or so.  But it didn't go up.  It went down.  Down to 41'. What?  I thought my phone was lying to me.  It had to be a mistake.

I turned to my coworker and asked, "Did you go outside at lunch?  Was it cold out there?"  She said, "Girl, it's freezing out there!  With that rain, it feels like it should be snowing."

I guess I wasn't going to be working in the yard when I got off after all. The only thing I did was to get those spider lily bulbs dug up.  And I trudged out to the old coops and got some firewood and built a nice little fire to take the chill off of the house.  

Then I did three loads of laundry and stepped in cat puke.  How was your day?

Finally, here are some pictures of random coworkers sporting their purple shirts yesterday (which I totally stole from one of the quality person's FB page).

Random coworkers taking a stand against domestic violence:


That's Former Group Leader Rod on the left.  A guy named Roy on the right. 


More random coworkers:


Mrs. Charlie on the left.  She's the one who said I had pretty lips, and that I remind her of her mother.  I have no idea who the person on the right is, but she knows me.  Calls me by name and everything.  All I know is she's an office person.  HR, I think. 


Still more random coworkers.  The guy in the middle is Former Group Leader Greg.  I haven't really talked about him much, because I only worked for him a short time before Former Group Leader Fernando took over that line.


Random front office people.  The guy in the middle is Chris Taylor, the Boss Hoss of the plant.



And lastly, Supervisor Ronny on the left, Supervisor Patrick on the right.  I don't know who the lady in the middle is.  I think she might be HR, too, but I'm not for sure.


All in all, it was a very moving tribute to my lost coworker, but I have to add one more, personal touch (and I don't do this for just anyone):







No comments: