Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Discretion

They say it's the better part of valor. 

I got up yesterday morning, and started getting ready for work.  Just a few minutes into it, I said to myself, "I just can't do this today."  I got out the old thermometer, and when I saw that 100.9 reading, I took the better part and called in sick.  I spent most of the day huddled under a blanket watching movies and napping. 

I felt a little better this morning, and my fever was down to 99.2, so I went on back to work.  Group Leader Theresa tried to rag on me saying I had missed the easiest day ever.  I told her, "You're lucky I'm here today."  Lots of people were saying, "Wow, you must have really been sick for you to miss work."  It's nice to know I was missed. 

On that note, I can show you some of what you missed Monday when I didn't post the post I was going to post before I got sick.  Oh, I'm not going to go through the whole thing.  It was a long tirade on how Sunday was supposed to be a day of rest, only I spent more time working than resting. 

I won't tell you about the laundry, and changing my sheets, and spreading my Weed & Feed, and doing my taxes, and all the other stuff I did.  I will, however show you that I got those spider lily bulbs out of the bucket and into the ground. 


 That white fence is just to keep the dogs from stomping them into oblivion.  When the leaves die back, I'll pull it up so I can mow right up to the house.   When I finished planting those bulbs, I said, "I might as well pull those landscape timbers up while I'm here."


What you see here is the groove left in the weeds from where the timbers were.  Exciting, isn't it?

Here's something that is a little more exciting than grooves in the ground.  I had to run into town to buy kitty litter.  No, that's not the exciting part. 

While I was in the store, I went down the yarn aisle.  I was looking for some red, white, and blue variegated yarn for a KAL I'm participating in. 

KAL = Knit ALong, for those of you not in the knitting know.

I didn't find any, but look what followed me home.



I see another scarf in my future. 

Since I couldn't find the yarn I was looking for, I came home and dug through the box of yarn my MIL sent me a while back.  I came up with this.  


Now, I just need to figure out what I am going to knit with it. 

No comments: