Friday, March 10, 2017

Purple Friday

There was a lot of purple in the plant today.  A lot of purple. 

Most people were wearing purple shirts.  Even the supervisors, and people from the front office.  Someone brought a bunch of purple balloons and tied them up all around the plant.


It got me to thinking.  I have other coworkers...

One whose boyfriend shot her in the face and left her for dead.  She survived.

Another whose husband shot and stabbed her multiple times.  She survived, too. 

There is another one who, even though she denies it, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find out her boyfriend was beating on her, too.  When I worked in the same area as him, he would hit me, and pinch me, and shake me, and shove me, and scream obscenities in my face.   He claimed he was just joking, but that's what they all say...

And I thought, "If he does this to a coworker in front of a plant full of people, I can just imagine what he does at home, behind closed doors." 

Then I thought about my own situation, how easily I could have become just another statistic... if it weren't for the homewrecker who stole my husband away from me, and for whom I am so thankful. 

And I realized how lucky I am, and how God was watching over me. 

I am truly blessed. 


1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

Looks like you got some great coworkers who are very supportive. Hope the one pulls through okay.