Thursday, March 16, 2017

It Would Seem

It would seem I have reached the coughing up my lungs phase of this illness I'm dancing with.  I coughed so hard at work that Supervisor Calvin came over and asked if I was OK.  As if that weren't enough, my friends have started calling dibs on my yarn stash. 

Jan called dibs on the sock yarn.  Christi declared she is closer than Jan.  Then Amy popped up and said she's closest, but Kat the Cop said if she turns on the lights and sirens, she could beat them all here. 

By that time, I was laughing so hard I started coughing again.  So, thank you for that. 

But they brought up some good points.  If something were to happen, Cody would get all my stuff, but would he know what to do with the yarn?  I'd hate for it to go to a thrift store, when I have yarnie friends who would give it a much better home.  I'll need to make provisions for it.  Amy and Christi are physically closest, so they'd probably be in charge of collecting and distributing said yarn.  Now, I'll just need to make a list of who it gets distributed to.

Sheesh, I went from a head cold to deciding who gets my yarn when I'm dead.  How'd we end up here?  

OK, let's talk about something more pleasant. 

We had a bit of excitement after work.  See, we have two lanes to exit the employee parking lot.  One is supposed to be left turn, and the other is supposed to be right turn.  Most people turn left when leaving work, so that lane is usually backed up more.  Some people have taken to turning left from the right lane.  We've had several near misses already from people doing this.  We've complained about it for years, but HR says, "Once you're outside those gates, you're on your own."   I've taken to just hanging around for 10 - 15 minutes, just to let the craziness leave first.

Well, today, somebody tempted fate just a little too closely and pulled out right in front of a dump truck.  The good news is, he wasn't hurt.  They called an ambulance to check him out, but didn't take him to the hospital or anything.  By the time I got out of the gate, he was standing up and the cop was writing him a ticket. 

As Coworker Johnny said, "It was bound to happen eventually."  I'm just glad no one was hurt when it finally did. 

Finally, I can't remember if I posted this one before.  If I did, you get to see it again.   This is my dad with his two sisters, Aunt Martha and Aunt Bonnie. 



No comments: