Monday, March 13, 2017

Not So Fast

I had a good post for you today.  Oh, you would have loved it.  It was a really clever way to tell you about all the stuff I did around the house yesterday.  I'd mentally composed it last night as I was laying in bed waiting to fall asleep.  I couldn't wait to get home from work today to post it for you.

Then life said, "Not so fast." 

I woke up this morning, sick as a dog.  I was thisclose to calling in sick --something I haven't done in about 5 years --and going back to bed.  But I didn't.  I kept thinking about my monthly attendance bonus, and how that was a lot of money to sleep off.  I remembered times past when I'd called in sic, then felt better in an hour -- blowing a day's pay for no good reason. 

I went to work, thinking maybe the same thing would happen today.  Thinking I would feel better as the day went on. I didn't.

If anything, I got worse.  I made it to the end of the work day, but I'm telling you, if I still feel this bad tomorrow, I'm staying in bed.  

No comments: