Monday, July 28, 2014

Wal-Mart Does It

Friday, Cody went to the eye doctor to get himself some new glasses.  I'd wanted him to pay with my flexible spending account card, but he used a regular credit card instead.  Today after work, I went down there to see if I could get a refund to my credit card, then charge the FSA card.  They told me they couldn't do that.  They would have to send me a refund check instead of making a credit to my card.

Huh, I told them.  Wal-mart does it all the time.  

Nevertheless, we got it straightened out.  We've still got to go get him a spare pair, since he has a tendency to lose or break his glasses.  I've got plenty of money left on the FSA card.

Moving right along, I have been weaving.  Here is my latest finished scarf. 


I like this one.  Turns out it didn't turn into a muddy mess.  The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill Sockittome Select in Winterberry.  Then I warped this one.


This yarn is Red Heart Team Spirit, in Cody's college colors.  It's going to be interesting, though it isn't turning out quite how I envisioned it.  I'll probably do something else with the rest of this.  Like, maybe I'll find a matching solid blue for the warp and use the striping for the weft.  That'll look a whole lot better, I think. 

It's been a while since I've bored you with photos of my flowers.  So, here you go.  Be bored away.

Sizzle Zinnia


French Marigold


Dwarf African Marigold


Salvia

I thought I was going to lose my salvias, but they are coming back.  You can just see one of my lantanas in the foreground.

Finally, at work this morning, Group Leader Fernando and I were discussing the day's work schedule.  Former Group Leader Rod-- who just happens to be Fernando's brother-- walked by and said, "Tell him who your favorite black man is".

Without hesitation, I answered, "DeMarcus Ware."


Somehow, I don't think that's what he meant. 

No comments: