Sunday, July 20, 2014

No Net

It's become a Sunday morning tradition around here.

I didn't plan for it to, but it sort of has.  Since Sunday is the only day I don't have to get up and rush off somewhere -- not having to be at church until 10:30 in stead of at work at 7:00-- I've taken to putting on a t-shirt and some shorts, fixing myself a cup of coffee, and spending a few early morning moments alone in my flower garden.

It's kind of nice having those few quiet moments with the flowers before I begin to get ready for church.

This afternoon, when I got home from church, the internet was down.  I had to stick one of those weird plastic round things into that slot on the player thing.  Heh, remember when that was cutting edge technology?  

While I was watching a movie on one of those weird plastic round things, I finished up my Rose Marl scarf.


I really like the way it turned out.  I like the colors and the resulting fabric.  I used Patons Kroy for this, but I've got some more sock yarn around here.  Lots more.

I also finished this hat.  The yarn is some Red Heart Blacklight that Beverly gave me.


I'm not sure what I was thinking when I cast on 96 stitches.  It's definitely teenager/adult sized.  I had just enough yarn left over to warp the loom. 


I'm using solid black Red Heart for the weft.  It's turning out kinda cool, doncha think?

Speaking of, I'd bought a whole bunch of Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn on clearance a few years ago.  That was before I discovered that it isn't good for socks at all.  The sock gets very thin and wears out very quickly.  So I stopped using it for socks.  I've knit scarves from some, and a couple of hats as well.  I think it'll be good for scarves, since they don't get washed very often, the way socks need to be.

I went in and dug out all I had left.  That I could find, at least.  I thought I'd had more than this. 


The one on the far right is Supersocke, and the other four are Sockittome Select. I want to weave scarves with them, but the thing is, I'm not sure how variegated yarns will work if I use them for both warp and weft. Will it pool, plaid, or just turn into a muddy mess?  I guess we'll find out.  I think I'll start with this one, since the color changes a bit more subtle than the other ones. 



It's called Winterberry.  If it turns out to be a mess, well, then we'll just have to knit scarves with the others. 

I just roll with the flow.  Or something.

No comments: