Thursday, July 03, 2014

Golly What A Day

Yesterday, Group Leader Fernando asked several of us to come in at 5:00 this morning.  I'm thinking that we were trying to get some orders out since we are going to be off tomorrow.  But when I got there, turns out he wanted us to clean because the boss's wife was coming for a visit.  Clean.  Not work.  Clean. 

No, I wasn't too happy about that.  I mean, I would have come in anyway, but at least he could have mentioned why.  Nevertheless, he has earned himself a place in my wedding party-- as the kraken bait.  We have to cover every contingency.  We might need a bloody carcass to lure the kraken out of it's holding tank.

It was a long, hot, tiring day, and just when it was time to go, Former Group Leader Rod came running over, frantically asking me if I could stay until 4 and braze on his line.  He gave me the big, brown puppy dog eyes and said, "Do it for me."  I said, "I'll do it for the money."  Yeah, I got to work an 11 hour day.  I haven't done that in a while.

After work, I had to drag my weary body to the store.  I didn't want to go, but thought if I want to celebrate 'Merica tomorrow, I need some food to celebrate with.  So, I bought a pizza, ice cream, and Lemon Oreos. 

Because 'Merica.  That's why.

While I was wandering around Wal-Mart, James called and said, "You have a package over here."  I was a bit confused, because I hadn't ordered anything.  When I got home, I went over there and sure enough, there was a package with my name and address on it.


I had no idea what it was.  Cody was trying to tease me, saying "You don't remember what you ordered?"

"I didn't order anything."  I said.  "Somebody sent me a present."  From The Woolery.  I knew I hadn't ordered anything from there.  I opened the box and there was an envelope with my name on it.


The card inside had this brief message. 


Yes, indeed.  Someone had sent me a loom! 


There were other loomy things in the box.  An instruction book, and some wax to polish it with, and a book showing all of Ashford's other products (including the spinning wheel I someday hope to have).  And that thing.  Which I don't know what it is, but it's necessary for weaving. 


Folks, this is not a cheap present.  Somebody out there deserves a great big, huge hug and more thanks that I can possibly express in a simple blog post.  I have no idea who sent this, but God does and it is my prayer that he will bless you mightily for it, because you have blessed me mightily by sending it.  

Inside the box were bunches of little pieces, which I have decided to wait until I've had a bit more sleep before I start playing with it. 



I've been awake since 3:30 AM.  That doesn't go well with lots of small parts. 

But, boy I can't wait until morning!

No comments: