Friday, July 11, 2014

Frantic Friday

Have you ever been so tired you just wanted to sit down and cry?

I don't get that way very often, but I was today.  And yes, I did cry.  Just a little bit.  Then I felt better.

I came home, and I was really, really glad I went ahead and did my shopping yesterday.  I hadn't planned to.  I was jut going to get milk, but then decided that since I was already there, I might as well do it all.

Only I forgot dog food, so I have to go back tomorrow and get some dog food.  I'm sure the dogs will appreciate that.

And what was causing me to be so tired?  Well, I'll tell you.  Sort of.

It was just a really, really hectic day at work.  We got there and all the stuff second shift had left for us was wrong.  (It was tubing's fault, not the brazers, though we did get hollered at for "not catching it".)  Then we were down because tubing didn't have any work ready for us.  When they finally got us some parts, the line was rushing us to get them done because they were down...

Then we ran out of parts from tubing again, and the whole cycle started all over again.

And I was walking around singing...



Finally, the seemingly endless day was over. I came home and worked on scarf #3, which looks a lot like scarf #2, only a bit shorter and a bit wider.



Wait, what?  What is that beached whale looking thing?  Oh, that's jut my thigh.  Never mind. 

Where was I?  Oh, yes...the scarf.  It should be finished tomorrow.  

I've got some blue and some white yarn that was my grandmother's.  I want to try to make a plaid scarf from those, but I'm not sure I'm ready for that.  I may do another scarf or two before I jump into that.  One thing for sure, I want to try to find a better way to tie the fringe.  That, I've already decided, is my least favorite part of weaving.  I like it even less than warping, which isn't really that bad.  Just time consuming.

Well, we'll see how it goes after a good night's sleep.  If I can get one, that is.

No comments: