Thursday, July 24, 2014

New Jewelry

I like jewelry, but I'm very picky about what I wear.  Most of what is out there today is way too gaudy for my tastes.  Earrings that hang down past your shoulders.  Necklaces that could double as a horse collar.  Just not me.

I've always felt that simple was much more elegant.

When I found these simple, yet elegant, designs from Shields Of Strength, I knew I had to have them. 


I got two tags.  One just a general Navy tag,


and one veteran tag. 


On the back of each tag, is a paraphrase of one of my favorite verses: 


Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.  Joshua 1:9. 

This is a very good quality product.  They are well made, of good, sturdy metal.  They're much stronger than other types of dog tag jewelry I've seen.  Heck, they're even sturdier than my real dog tags.

Then, of course, what Navy theme would be complete without an anchor?


The verse on the anchor says:  We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.  Hebrews 6: 19. 

Very appropriate, I say.

In the meantime, I started on the new scarf.  I'm very pleased to announce that using variegated for both the warp and the weft does not in fact make a muddy mess. 


It makes a very pleasing combination of colors.  I think this one is going to turn out nicely. 

You know the psychedelic scarf I finished the other day?  Someone has already laid claim to it.  Well, when I was in Cody's room looking for tissue paper to wrap it in before mailing it, I found a whole other box of yarn that I forgot I had put in there.  In the box was all my Knit Picks Aloft. 

Aloft will make a great weft yarn.  I just have to find something in my abundant stash to use as a warp.  After I finish the scarf already on the loom. 

And finally, yet another Coke I won't drink. 

 

But it had my name on it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree about the variegated yarn. Looks nice - kinda like a plaid. Glad you found a coke with your name on it. I looked Monday and couldn't find one with my name. Or Mom. Had to settle for family.