Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Chats On The Farmhouse Porch
1. D3 is facing wisdom teeth removal. Have you had your wisdom teeth removed?
I've had two of mine removed. I highly recommend getting the IV sedation, if you are able to. I remember the oral surgeon injecting something into the IV port. About 10 seconds later, I was feeling a bit floaty, and the next thing I knew I was home, and James was helping me up my front steps. The next time I got one removed, they asked if I wanted the IV, and I said, "Yes, please!" That one was less complicated, so my recovery time was faster. I was able to become fully alert before leaving the surgeon's office and walked myself up my front steps. Either way, I can't recommend it enough.
2. Today Wendell is serving iced tea, iced coffee, and carrot juice. He wants me to ask you which you'd prefer.
Of the three, I'd prefer iced tea-- but unsweetened. I know I'm not a good Southerner if I don't like sweet tea, and with my sweet tooth, it does seem a bit odd. I just don't like it sweetened. It tastes too much like syrup.
3. If you use a crock pot, do you have a favorite recipe? If not, what is your favorite, easy "go to" recipe?
I have a crock pot, but seldom use it. My favorite go to recipe would be chicken and dumplings. I'd post the recipe, but I don't really use one. I just throw some flour, shortening, and salt into a bowl, cut it with a pastry cutter, then add milk until it looks right. Roll it out, cut it into strips and drop into boiling broth. Once the dumplings are done, add the cut up chicken meat-- which you will have gotten from the chicken you boiled to get the broth, and serve. Oh, and add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Do you prefer to wash dishes by hand or dishwasher? Yes, I know some of us probably don't like dish washing. Wendell flat out refuses!
Dishwasher, even though mine is noisy as heck.
5. What are you looking forward to?
The cooler temperatures that are supposed to get here in a couple of days. Really, I don't like being hot. I'm ready for fall already!!
And going to bed tonight. Yeah, I'm pretty easy to please.