Thursday, March 31, 2011

No Post

I'm pretty much brain dead today.  I can't think of anything to say.  We didn't even get to take our walk this evening.

I was so excited, well, ok not really excited, but glad.  When I got off work (and on time, no less!) it was sunny, warm, with just enough breeze to keep it from being hot.  Rylea and I were going to get to walk for the first time since Monday.  It's been raining here, you see.  But today was perfect.  We were going to take our walk.

Those walks are important.  Sometimes they are all that keeps me sane. 

But when we got to the dirt road we usually walk down, there were people down there, hunting.  I don't know what they were hunting.  I think it was doves.  Still, I was bummed.  So was Rylea. 

She likes running those hills.  Instead, we just walked down to the bridge and came back.  Since we never left the paved road, Rylea had to stay on the leash. 

And that was our day. 

Oh, and I was going to tell you some sort of nonsensical trivia about me that you probably didn't want to know in the first place, but now I can't remember what it was.

And I have an inexplicable craving for bacon. 


Oh, and today is the first day of baseball season.  I follow the old axiom that Baseball is America's Pastime, but Football is America's Passion.  You have your Boys of Summer.  I say, bring on the Boys of Fall!

3 comments:

Sus said...

I'm sorry your walk was cut short, but I don't find anything inexplicable about a bacon craving!!!!

Kristen said...

I got the bacon. Chicken Loco sandwich from the place downstairs at work. Chicken salad on a toasted baguette, with lettuce, tomato and BACON. Mmmm! Hot, crunchy, bacon. They say that bacon goes with everything. And as I'm enjoying this heavenly sandwich, one of the head guys comes into the lounge and asks if he can check the Yankees score. So, yes, I got to enjoy the first day of baseball, too. I asked if that was Yankee stadium and he just looked at me as if I was growing horns on my head, and mildly said yes.

Becky G said...

Mmmmm, bacon! I bought some Friday when I went to the store.

I haven't seen a baseball game yet. I often watch them on Saturday afternoons, but this year, I haven't turned the TV on (other than to watch DVDs, that is).