Tuesday, March 22, 2011

You Know You're Tired

When the first thought that pops into your head when you wake up in the morning is, "Oh, I am so tired!" you know it's probably time for a vacation. I'd really love to take one. The last time I took a real vacation, the Twin Towers were still standing. That's how long it's been. I wouldn't have been able to take that one if my ex-MIL hadn't paid for the trip.

Or when you try to pick up your gusset stitches before you turn your heel. Yep, I did that. I got all the way around the first round before I realized my stitch count wasn't coming out right. That's when I realized what I'd done. But I got it ripped, and turned the heel. Then I picked the gusset stitches (again) and went merrily on my knitting way.

Or when you get dressed and put your shoes on before you put your pants on.

Add to that the realization that I am smack in the throes of The Big M-- or The Change of Life as the older ladies refer to it.  Yeah, these last few weeks have been rough.  I decided to start taking some of those vitamins for women my age.  I got some Estroven. 



Lord, those things are huge!  I don't see how anyone could swallow them whole.  The first one I took, I split into 4 pieces.  Even then, the largest piece didn't want to go down.  Now I grind them up and take them that way.  Tastes terrible, but at least I'm not choking on them. 

I just hope they help. 


Gee, I hope this isn't TMI....

6 comments:

Patti said...

You can't be going through The Change yet: we're the same age and I'm still too young! :)

Dale said...

Yep I would have to say for me, that was definitely a TMI post!

Becky G said...

Sorry about that Patti.

You, too, Dale!

Sus said...

I've felt like that every morning this week! That's why all I've done today is sleep, I think. I hope the vitamins help you out. Sorry they're such a pain to take.

Oh goodness, if that's TMI, then Dale should never read my blog! :D

Becky G said...

Thanks. Yes the vitamins do seem to be helping. I could tell a difference after only 4 days. I was no longer spending most of the day in tears and not being able to figure out why.

Becky G said...

Oh, and men don't like to hear about "girl talk" as Former Group Leader Rod puts it. In fact, my friend Kristen and I used to run nosy men off when we were trying to have a private conversation by suddenly describing in vivid detail our menstrual cycles. That got rid of them real quick!