Thursday, March 24, 2011

Yeah, I'm Weird

I seem to have developed an irrational fear of sleeping through my alarm.  Never mind that I have the radio volume set so loudly that when it goes off, I nearly wet myself.  I still find myself waking up several times a night and checking the time to make sure I haven't overslept.  Which kind of defeats the purpose of going to sleep in the first place.

On the bright side, I can feel my new vitamin supplements taking effect already.  The mood swings are much better, and the dark cloud of depression has lifted.  I can now understand why people describe depression as a dark cloud.  That's exactly what it felt like.  Now, I feel as if I've woken up.  I am becoming myself again.

Heck, I even got out of the house this evening.  I wanted Chicken McNuggets for supper, so I went and got some.  Then I drove out through the lake.  The long way home, but still I went.

Now, for those of you not from this area, I perhaps should explain the colloquialism.  When I say I drove through the lake, I didn't mean literally through the lake.  I meant down the road by the lake and across the dam. 

I need to get off of here and knit.  I'm determined to finish this pattern repeat of my Monkey sock before bedtime. 

And I'm really sleepy. 

So, until tomorrow....

Happy Knitting.  Or whatever it is you do. 

2 comments:

Sus said...

I've been going through phases where for a week or so I'll have frantic dreams every night that I've slept through my alarm so that by the time it actually goes off, I think it's not real because it's already happened in the dream. So yeah. I hear you on the irrational alarm issues. Lordy.

Becky G said...

Oh,thank you, Sus! It's so good to know I'm not alone. Maybe we should start an Alarm-Sleeper-Througher-Phobia support group.