Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sock Progress

First thing this morning, I went out and took a photo of the yarn in natural light.


It still seems brighter on my monitor than the real colors show, though.


I've made good progress on the sock. This is after three pattern repeats. The pattern calls for a total of six before starting the heel, and that's probably what I'll go with. So far, the only modification I've made is to the ribbing. The twisted rib is just too tight to go over my heel, so I used a K2 P2 rib. That's about the only type of ribbing I can use for socks. Nothing else is stretchy enough.

I spent the rest of the day avoiding vacuuming my carpet.  One of the things I did to facilitate said avoidance was to take Rylea to the lake.


We hiked the Lost Bluff trail, and it was definitely a challenge. See what I had to climb up?


And that was just one part of the trail. The whole thing was 2 1/2 miles long, and the majority of it was either straight up or straight down. When we got to the very top, we were able to look out over the river.


By the time we got through, it had definitely become one of those What Was I Thinking? moments.


But, you know, if a pudgy old lady and a crippled dog can do it, anyone can.  All you gotta do is keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Kind of like life.

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

No comments: