Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Sad, Sad

You know you live a sad life when the highlight of your week is a trip to the dentist.  Yeah...

Normally, such trips to the dentist are accompanied by trips to the fast food joint, but since I dropped a container of frozen stroganoff, cracking the container so that it could not be resealed, that's what I had.

My brother Scott messaged me on Facebook.  You know you live a sad life when your siblings keep up with you through Facebook rather than *sigh* over the phone.

Hey!  You know I have phone issues!

Anyway, my brother Scott messaged me on Facebook and asked if I remembered the 1970s series Ark II.


I vaguely remember this series. I mostly remember the chimpanzee, Adam.  I've got it queued now, so I'll be watching it soon.  Maybe that'll trigger my memory.

I'd been trying to think of anther show my older brother and I used to love.  I couldn't remember anything about it, other than it came on right before the Planet Of The Apes Series and it was about some people who went out chasing monsters.  We never missed that show.

Anyway, Scott was too young to remember it, but he did some checking online and suggested that it might be Kolchack, The Night Stalker.


I looked it up on Netflix, and they have it available in streaming. I watched the first episode, and I think that might be the right show.    

Another Facebook friend suggested the series Sliders, so I've been watching that, too.  And I've watched 13 of the 14 episodes of Firefly.  I can't bring myself to watch that last episode, because then, I know it'll be over.  I know, I know.  I can always watch them as re-runs, but it just isn't the same as seeing them fresh and new. 

Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the skies from me...

You know, one of these days, I'm going to get a life, then I'll have something more exciting to blog about than which nerdy re-runs I'm watching.

You can all stop laughing now...

No comments: