Wednesday, July 09, 2008

It's Here! It's Here! It's Here!

The $60 worth of yarn I bought in my sleep deprived state of reduced inhibitions arrived at Chez Becky today!

First we have Shimmer, an alpaca silk blend in the color Sunkissed:

I don't have a project picked out for this one, but I couldn't resist. The problem I have with Shimmer is that all the colors are variegated. I love the yarn. I love the softness of the alpaca with the sheen of the silk. I just wish it came in solid colors.

Next up is Alpaca Cloud, 100% alpaca yarn. This is the color Tide Pool Heather.

I love all things teal, so naturally this fit right into my basket.

Finally, we have Shadow in the color Snorkel. This is 100% Merino wool yarn.

I thought I'd use this one for the Mystic Waters shawl. I'd originally wanted to use Gloss Lace in the color Mermaid, but it was backordered until August. When I checked on it last week, I found that the expected date for it to be in had been pushed back until September. So in a sleep deprived huff, I ordered the Snorkel instead. Now, whether I end up using the Mermaid or the Snorkel depends on how fast I finish my current shawl. If I finish before Mermaid is available, I'll use the Snorkel. If I don't, I'll order the Mermaid. I'm on round 87 of 154, but as the shawl gets bigger, the rounds get longer.

Finally, as I noticed how well the pictures were turning out, I dug out the old Iris Heather Alpaca Cloud I'd gotten a while back.

This picture is much more color accurate than the first one I posted.

Oh, and I ordered a set of Harmony DPNs. I think the wooden needles will be much easier to cast on with than the slicker 'n snot nickel plated ones. Besides that, they're kinda pretty.

Don't you think?

11 comments:

Sus said...

Yay for the rewards of sleep deprivation!! Gorgeous yarn, all of it! So, are you going to become a lace-makin' machine, or what? Can't wait to see your projects!

Bag Blog said...

Those are some beautiful colors. I can see why you are excited. I got some new pastels the other day (my anniversary gift to myself) and was all a-twitter.

Knit and fall back in it said...

Beautiful yarn!!! I have some of that Tidepool Heather. It's yummy. Of course it just sits in my stash because it seems that I may just be The Anti-Lace.

Opal said...

Oh the pretties! I loves them. :)

And the Harmony needles are much easier to use with laceweight then the nickel. Good buy!

Becky G said...

Sus, knitting lace is like smoking crack. Sometimes one project is all it takes and you are hooked for life!

Lou, I know what you mean. I even skipped karate to stay home and just look at them.

Amy, if that laceweight needs a home--away from you and your Anti-Lace self, well, you know what do to.

Opal, thanks. I love the Harmonies. I haven't knit with them yet, but they must be better than nickel. When I tried casting on with the nickel needles, they would just zip right out of my stitches without any warning. The wood should have more grip.

Inquiries said...

Beautiful yarn! I like the colors.

mornin'lady said...

And what fun to finally get those goodies, opening the box is a real thrill!! Have fun with it all. maybe, just maybe I'll get a pkg today :)

Becky G said...

Ashley, thanks.

Dawn, you are so right. I just love getting stuff in the mail. I don't love getting the bill so much, but I try to ignore that part of it.

I still haven't forgotten your question. I hope to get to it this weekend.

Robin said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Can't wait to see your FO's!

Knit and fall back in it said...

I have three skeins of the Tidepool Heather. You want it? All you have to do is send me your mailing address and it will be on its way to your house.

Becky G said...

Robin, thanks.

Amy, yes I'll be happy to take it off your hands. E-mail with snail mail is on the way!