Monday, July 21, 2008

Conversations With Cody

The Preschool Years

I was working the 3-11 PM shift back then, when Cody was 3. I dropped him off at his babysitters house, where her teenage daughter was doing her geometry homework. Cody picked up a plastic shape and proudly declared,

"Triangle!"

Never one to pass up a teaching moment, I replied, "Yes, that's right. That's a triangle. Do you know what makes it a triangle?"

Cody, without hesitation, confidently answered, "God."

"Well, I don't suppose I could argue with that."

.

4 comments:

Knit and fall back in it said...

Well, alright then. Cody said it and I believe it.

Sus said...

I say things like that in the lab sometimes just to confound the scientists. It's pretty fun. Go, Cody! :)

Bag Blog said...

Sounds perfectly logical to me.

Becky G said...

Amy, yep.

Sus, me, too. People ask me why, and I say, "Because God made it that way."

Lou, definitely.