Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Phoenix Rises

Let me start by apologizing for a lack of post yesterday. When I got home from Karate, I sat down to post, only to discover that I had no internet connection. It didn't come back up until sometime today while I was at work. Funny, I didn't miss it as much as you might think. I just listened to some Miss Marple stories on my Walkman, and knitted.

So what is new these last couple of days? This, for starters:

Four skeins of Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud lace weight yarn in Iris Heather. It looks gray in the photo, but it is actually a light purple. Someone on Ravelry was offering it up for $20 for all four. How could I resist? Now to find just the right pattern for it.

The second Baudelaire is done, but I don't have pictures yet. Soon. I knit the second one per pattern, and decided to rip the first one back to the same length. You know that too much of a good thing is not a good thing. This was one of those cases. I was trying to wear the first Baudelaire, and it was just not comfortable.

Sensei has changed the class times again. Adult class is now 6:30-7:30 instead of 7:30-8:30. This is much better for me, especially since we are working 9 hour shifts right now. That means I have to be at work at 6:00 AM. He has also added an adult class on Wednesday nights. I went tonight and it was just me and a green belt named Tim. Sensei taught Tim a new kata, and I worked on all of mine, including weapons. Sensei hinted that if I can make it to the seminar in Shreveport in November, I can test for my second degree then. If not, I will have to wait until next spring. I'm busy trying to save my pennies for that.

I apologize that my posts have seemed so disjointed lately. The writing muse has been quiet lately. I hope she whispers something soon. I'm even bored by my own blog.

And a lovely parting shot for you to enjoy:


P.S. Note to Buck: Last year, the first college football games were played the last weekend of August. I'm going on the assumption that it will be the same this year. I'll make a college countdown as soon as I get some sleep.

4 comments:

Knit and fall back in it said...

The Iris Heather is beautiful. I have some Alpaca Cloud in Tidepool and it is so soft and fluffy. I can't wait to see what you do with yours.

Buck said...

Thanks for the note, Becky. I'm hoping ND recovers somewhat this year...

Opal said...

Gorgeous laceweight! If you want some pattern ideas, let me know. I have a couple of sites that list shawl patterns up my sleeve.

Becky G said...

Amy, Tide Pool is definitely on my wish list! And Mermaid, and Sunkissed in shimmer and Mango in Gloss lace, and , and, and....

Buck, yeah, me, too. That was rough last year, and I'm not even that big of a ND fan. Ok, well I am as long as they are not playing an SEC team.

Opal, I could always use more ideas! I've got plenty of lace queued on Ravlery, but would love to see more patterns.