Sunday, July 13, 2008

Getting to Know you Contest Questionnaire:

Knitty Otter is having a contest on her blog. To enter, just fill out the following questionnaire and post a link to it in the comments of her blog.


Getting to Know you Contest Questionnaire:

1.) How long have you been knitting?

Since early 2000. I remember that because one of my very first projects, other than the ubiquitous garter stitch scarf, was a sweater and hat set for my oldest nephew for his very first Christmas. He was born in March 2000.

2.) How long have you been knitting socks?

About a year and a half. Here is my very first pair.

3.) What do you do with a problem like Maria?

Stick her in a cheesy movie and make yourself millions of dollars.

4.) What is your all time favorite sock yarn?

Hard to say since I haven't really tried all that many. I'm really liking the way my Cherry Tree Hill Supersock socks are turning out, though. I also like Austermann step, if only they had better colors.

5.) Toe Up or Cuff Down?

I know both, but prefer cuff down.

6.) What's your favorite color (this week or for all time)? Do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

Teal. Looking at my yarn stash, you'd think I prefer reds/oranges. I think that's just because there are so few of the right teals out there. I can't stand the browny oranges and greens that look somewhat like vomit.

7.) Do you have a pet(s)?

Why yes. I have two dogs, Katie and Rylea, one ornery cat, Squeaky, and seven snakes: Scarlett, Monty, Blaze, Slider, Sunset, Snow, and Onyx Aloysius (he's the only one who needs a middle name.)

8.) Babies: Oven Roasted or Barbecued?

Why is fried not an option?

9.) Besides socks what is your favorite type of thing to knit?

I'm a lace knittin fool here lately.

10.) What's your favorite scent?

Sweet feed and saddle leather. But when you have to go with store boughten scents, I guess a vanilla will do.

11.) What music are you really loving right now? Like a song or a band?

Here lately, I've been listening to my son's band videos on YouTube. Maybe I'm just missing him.

12.) How many pairs of socks have you hand knit?

Twenty pairs. Wow, I didn't realize I'd done so many.

13.) What's your favorite treat? Salty or Sweet?

Sweet, all the way. Ice cream is the absolute best.

14.) What was the most interesting thing you smelled yesterday. Not good or bad necessarily, just the thing that stuck out most so that you actually took notice of it.

I would have to say my supervisor's cologne/aftershave or whatever it was. He always dresses nice (he can, because he doesn't have to actually work) and smells good.

15.) Needles - DPN's: Wooden, metal or plastic?

Knitpicks Nickel plated, unless I'm casting on lace. Then they shoop right out of my project. For my next lace project, I'm going to try the Harmony DPNs.

16.) What is your favorite sock pattern that you've knit? What do you recommend?

Yukon Leaves. I don't know what it is about this pattern, but they were my favorite to knit, and are my favorite to wear.

17.) The last Question: If you were stuck on a deserted island who would you want with you, what knitting would you want with you and would you ever want to leave?

Hmmm, that's a hard one. Long time readers will think they know the answer, but in a real life situation, I think I would want someone who knows more about survival in the wilderness than him. I'll have to think on that some more. For knitting, I would want a never ending supply of cotton. Not only could I knit with it, but I could make fish nets, tie stuff together, and make hammocks. We're talking survival, baby, not recreation. Would I ever want to leave? Definitely. I don't think I could go that long without a shower, or a teeth brushing.

3 comments:

Inquiries said...

Great answers! Fried should always be a option!

Becky G said...

Totally!

mornin'lady said...

yep good answers, I'm a little puzzled over #8 though