Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Day Off

Remember that senior moment I had last week? I needed to take a vacation day, but put in for the wrong day. Today was that day. I intended to go and get the oil changed, or the radiator flushed and refilled, or my annual physical or all sorts of errands that I can't seem to find time to do. But when I got up this morning, I just didn't want to do anything.

So that's exactly what I did. Nothing. Unless you count three loads of laundry and washing dishes. Other than that, I did nothing.

OK, I did go pick up the mail, and looky what was in it:


Hook 'Em Horns sock yarn by Hill Country Yarns.

The Hall of Fame game is this Sunday! Football season won't be far behind. Woo Hoo! I can hardly wait!

Oh, and school starts Thursday. Cody is a little less excited about that...

6 comments:

Knit and fall back in it said...

Poor Cody, I hope he has enjoyed his summer. I think the kids around here still have a couple of weeks.

Pretty TX sock yarn.

Bag Blog said...

Sometimes you just need a day to do whatever you want - even nothing. Those colors could be OK State - go Pokes!

Buck said...

Oh, and school starts Thursday. Cody is a little less excited about that...

Imagine my surprise! ;-)

Opal said...

I do not consider 3 loads of laundry nothing. *blink*

Yay for football! I just might be getting some football charms in soon. So I just might combine them with Dallas Cowboy colors. :)

Unknown said...

Wow, Cody starts on Thursday? Our schools don't start for another whole month!

I like the yarn though...like one last summer hurrah with the colorway....

Becky G said...

Amy, school here starts really early, but this year is even earlier than usual. Normally, they start in the middle of August.

Lou, you're right, of course!

Buck, I can't imagine! Although he is excited about being in the "real" band this year.

Opal, you're right. Thanks for making me feel better.

Dani, yep. Schools in the South usually start much earlier than schools in the North. Even when I was in school we started in August. But then, we get out in May.