Thursday, July 24, 2008

And They're Done

Pattern: Nutkin
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock
Colorway: Sugar Maple
Needles: Knit Picks Nickel Plated DPNs size 2.75mm
Modifications: Eye of Partridge heel flap and gusset substituted for short row heel, and regular toe decreases and kitchener join substituted for short row toe with three needle bind off. I thought the ridge might be a bit uncomfortable inside my shoes.

Earlier this evening, I was outside taking pictures of the sunset.

when what should fly by but a flock of Canada Geese. These geese live here year round. They've made a home in the pond in front of the paper mill.

If I ever get some time off again, I'm going to try to get some close up pictures of them.

5 comments:

Buck said...

Geese are nasty little critters, viewed up close. And they foul the environment like you wouldn't believe. We had a flock take up residence in my office complex in Deetroit (which had a large pond/small lake on the prem), and you HAD to watch where you put your foot...with each and every step.

They're fun to look at while in flight, much less so on the ground.

Knit and fall back in it said...

Beautiful pictures.

Becky G said...

Why Buck! I'm shocked! Geese don't foul the environment. They belong to the environment. Only us humans can foul the environment! /sarcasm

Amy, thank you.

Sus said...

Love the Nutkins! That yarn really works well with that pattern. Or does the pattern work really well with the yarn? Oh well, either way they look great!!

Opal said...

Yay for finished Nutkins! I love those sunset pictures too.