Saturday, July 05, 2008

Saturday Sky

Because the sky looked like this all weekend, though it never really rained hard, it gave me good excuse to stay indoors and knit. I got some 20 something rounds done on my Rona shawl. I'd finished the first nutkin sock several days ago, but am just now getting around to posting a picture of it. I haven't cast on the second one yet.

I also got this in the mail:

Sock yarn in what is supposed to be Dallas Cowboys colors. Chestnut Bay Fibers is starting a sock club in sports team colors. When I mentioned that a sock club would not be the best thing for me, she offered to dye some Dallas Cowboys sock yarn as a special order. I hadn't really intended to order any, but something in our conversation she took as just that. Once she'd actually dyed the yarn, I sort of felt obligated to buy it. It looks better in person, but there is too much white in the yarn. Still, it's not bad yarn.

Despite the rain, I did manage to get out and take a couple more photos for the Summer Photography challenge.

Summer Rain



Farm Animal



And Red Button

In the Strange Dream Department: I dreamed last night that I went to work in a t-shirt and shoes. That's it. No pants. No underpants. I kept wondering why they didn't send me home, but it appeared that nobody even noticed.

Sheesh...
.
.

9 comments:

Knit and fall back in it said...

I love your sock. That turned beautifully.

Here's something that's just a personal policy of mine, but it might be something that you can use...I try to make sure that I have my underpants on before I leave the house. :)

Inquiries said...

I love the socks!

Great pictures!

Your dreams are so funny.

Robin said...

That's a scary looking sky!

I like the sock yarn...just think of it as the "home" colors!

Becky G said...

Amy, good advice. I'll try to keep that in mind.

Ashley, thank you. Ok, so last night I dreamed one of my snakes had been cut in half, and each half was regrowing itself into a complete snakes, kind of like some worms do. Sleeping with me is always an adventure.

Robin, it was pretty frightening, but the storm wasn't that bad. I like the yarn, too, I just would have preferred more silver in it. I'm anxious to see how it knits up.

Bag Blog said...

I like the button picture. When I was little I could play with my grandmother's button box for hours.

I'm into the strange dream syndrome too.

Buck said...

Great pics yet again, Becky. And about THIS comment of yours...

Sleeping with me is always an adventure.

Well, let's just say I'll leave that one alone, LOL! ;-)

Becky G said...

Lou, my mother had a button box and, like you, I would play with it for hours.

Buck, well, you would have to be in my dreams with me....oh wait! You ARE!!!

Sus said...

Your sock looks great!! That yarn really works well with that pattern. I may have to check that out for some sock yarn I just bought!

Also, I have had that type of dream far too many times. I'm sure it means something really significant, but I've decided to just ignore that possibility. Once, a long time ago, I had that dream but I was forced to sit on Fonzie's lap that way. We will not be analyzing that one!!!

Opal said...

I covet your DC yarn. I'm thinking of dyeing some of my own. That is if I ever get off my lazy ass and start dyeing again.