Sunday, July 20, 2008

Knitting Pictures and Old Podcasts

Though I spent most of the afternoon gazing longingly after my lace shawl


as it lay on the arm of my chair, I was good and worked on my Nutkin sock.

I got a few more pattern repeats done even after I took this picture, and am almost ready to start the heel.

Then it will be back to lace knitting.


I found a site that hosts podcasts of old time radio shows. My dad was born in 1926, and these are the shows he grew up with. When I was a child, the NPR station run from Lamar University in Beaumont, Tx used to play a lot of these old radio shows. I loved The Shadow, and The Lone Ranger, Fibber McGee and Molly, Gunsmoke. I've subscribed to all of these, and there are plenty more on that site.

Other than that, not much went on today.

9 comments:

mornin'lady said...

Wow the sock pattern looks really cool and the shawl, what do you do with the shawls when you've finished them? Do you ever sell them?

Bag Blog said...

Very beautiful knitting! When I was teaching years ago, the Weekly Reader put out some little records with The Shadow and a few other old radio shows. The kids loved them.

Robin said...

That shawl is beautiful! Love the color of the socks!!

Becky G said...

Dawn, this shawl is going to be a gift for my sister. I don't sell my knitting. There are very few people who are willing to pay you what it's actually worth. What I don't keep, I give as gifts.

Lou, thanks. I think The Shadow is my favorite.

Robin, thank you.

Inquiries said...

The shawl is so beautiful. I still love the socks!

Bobbisox said...

Becky, I have wanted to do the Nutkins for about 4 months now ever since I saw it in Vinca yarn, which I bought for that.

Becky G said...

Bobbisox, Nutkin is a fun and easy pattern to do. Once you have your pattern established, it's also easy to do from memory. HOWEVER, I hated the cast on and cuff. I put off casting on the second one for nearly a month because I just didn't want to fool with that cuff again. If I ever do them again, I will just do plain K2P2 ribbing.

Opal said...

Your lace is lookin' so good it's tempting me back to the needles! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Becky G said...

Opal, thank you, and you're welcome!